Recycle. Repurpose. Reinforce.
A new marketing program, a new message, a new theme. It’s a lot of work and sometimes it’s more than unnecessary, it’s actually harmful.
Consider this. Your message may look familiar and even overexposed to you, but not necessarily to your audience. They haven’t seen this as often as you have, and they need to see it again and again to understand what you’re saying and assimilate it. Reinforcement is key to cutting through the clutter. Next time instead of starting from scratch, consider how you can repurpose existing messages, recycle key themes and reinforce your overall differentiators.
Leverage Point Checklist:
- Are my messages to this audience consistent?
- Do my marketing materials highlight my value proposition?
- Do my marketing programs build upon and reinforce key messages?
- Do I understand what my competition is saying about themselves and about me?
- Does my marketing team understand how to build upon our key positioning/differentiation?
- Have I trained my customer-facing team about the customer’s key hot points and how our offerings meet these needs?
- Do I have the right processes in place to effectively deliver these programs?