More Videos…..Coming Every Week!
Bookmark this page! Published and future videos are listed below.
- When Uncontrolled Friction is Destructive
Create a situation where constructive friction can survive.
- Friction Point: When Friction Sparks Change
What happens when friction does not sponsor constructive change?
- Friction Point: From Success to Stagnation
Don’t lose your company’s edge. Encourage constructive friction.
- Mocha on Marketing: It Doesn’t Smell Right
If it doesn’t smell right, it just isn’t right.
- Bringing Home the Gold
There’s always room to improve your game.
- A Midlife Corporate Crisis
Companies go through midlife crises, too.
- A Method to the Madness
Create methods to manage marketing.
- A Hero Whose Time Has Come
Take your inspiration from heroes who bring out the best in us.
- Mocha on Marketing: Going After the Squeak
Sometimes it’s the journey that should captivate us, not the destination.
- The Kids are All Right
The millenials are taking on big issues today.
- Shooting For 3’s
Where are the 3-point shots in your business?
- Never Be Content with Content
Create superb and ongoing content.
- You Can’t Beat Experience
What are you doing to make an outstanding customer experience?
- Mocha on Marketing: Watch That Tail Wag
How in tune are you with your customers?
- Why Engagement Matters
Engaged customers make the best evangelists.
- Growing a New Industry
What new business opportunities are sprouting up in your industry?
- Mocha on Marketing: Another Day Another Treat
Focus on what is right in front of us.
- Going Against the Grain
Capture the imagination of your customers.
- Filtering Out the Noise
Are your customers having a hard time hearing you?
- Mocha on Marketing: Downward Facing Dog
Learn to shake off complacency.
- Mocha on Marketing: Choosing Your Treats
Ask your customers what they prefer.
- Mocha on Marketing: Sniffing Out What Matters
We need to do a better job sensing our own environment.
- Mocha on Marketing: It’s a Tough Life Being a Dog
Consider how to make things as simple as possible for your customers.
- Mocha on Marketing: It’s All About Me
Customer loyalty is the reward for giving them attention.
- When the Marketplace Overheats
Focus on where both sides can work together.
- Polarization: The Result of Unresolved Friction
Don’t let friction divide us.
- Beware the Sibling Rivalries
Sales and marketing are sibling rivals.
- The Cost of Hidden Friction
Bring friction to the forefront to manage it better.
- Managing the Cross-Cultural Elephant in the Room
Embrace the elephant in the room.
- Engineers Are From Vulcan; Marketers Are Not
Find common ground to work together effectively.
- Destructive vs. Constructive Friction
Find that inflection point where constructive friction turns into innovation.
- What’s So Funny?
There’s always a kernel of truth in a joke.
- The Sound of Silence
Staying silent is sometimes the best way to get heard above the noise.
- The Greeting is The Message
Customer-facing employees are important to your business.
- Thanking the Competition
Watch and learn from your competitors.
- Reuse, Recycle, Repurpose.
Repetition builds awareness and recall.
- Keep ‘Em Coming Back for More
Encourage your repeat customers.
- The Hidden Cost of Too Much Collaboration
Encourage constructive disagreement.
- Friction Gets a Bad Rap
Use friction effectively.
- Excelling at Sales Avoidance
Train your team.
- Can You Have Not Enough Friction?
Creative disagreement leads to new ideas and improvements.
- Can You Get There From Here?
Should marketing be your priority now?
- Better Late Than Never
It’s not too late to get started.
- And One More Thing…
Create surprises for your customers.
- Losing $3 At Once
Should you postpone a marketing program?
- Portals Everywhere
Put yourself in your customers’ shoes.
- Strength in Numbers
There is strength in numbers.
- Mocha on Marketing: Creatures of Habit
Treat your customers consistently throughout your company.
- Talking to the Box
Can you help your customers in new ways?
- It’s the Insights That Matter
Don’t be derailed by data.
- Whom Do You Believe?
Your customers do not believe you!
- Repeat After Me
Be consistent with your message.
- Too Much of a Good Thing
Plan for when too much comes your way.
- Mocha on Marketing: Don’t Stop Petting Me
Make your customers feel special.
- What Comes Next
Help your business get successful.
- Welcome to the New World
Make your brand stand out by standing for something good.
- Time for a Checkup
Consider a checkup for your business.
- The End of the Store as We Know It
We live in a connected, easy-access world.
- Who’s On First?
Have clear procedures in place to help customers.
- Mocha on Marketing: What Part of Now Don’t You Get?
Focus on what’s in front of you now.
- The Intelligence All Around You
See and hear the information around you.
- They Never Saw It Coming
Think outside the box in your own business.
- Is the Customer Always Right?
Build a strong two-way relationship with your customers.
- There’s Always Someone Watching
Be aware that there’s always someone watching.
- Stand Up to Stand Out
Stand up for what’s right.
- Mocha on Marketing: Time for Peanut Butter
Provide ongoing value so you stay visible.
- Staying Top of Mind
Provide ongoing value so you stay visible.
- Playing with the Full Team
Make a strong team of seasoned performers.
- The Real Problem with Fake News
Don’t get caught up in fake news controversies.
- Building Community
Replicate your successes.
- Time for a Sequel
Replicate your successes.
- Change the Conversation
Stop adding to the noise.
- Timing is Everything
Be consistent with your timing.
- The Truth Will Out
There are no secrets anymore.
- Mocha on Marketing: Let’s Shake on That
What kind of behavior are you training into your customers?
- Catching Pokemon
Can you capture the attention of your audience?
- Watch What You Say
Consider the consequences of what you say.
- Mocha on Marketing: We Love Chicken
An advisor can keep you on track.
- When Growth Hacking Doesn’t Work
Be able to deliver on your commitments.
- When Being Heard, Hurts
Stand out for the right reasons.
- Mocha on Marketing: Telling Me a Story
Are you listening to your customers?
- The Cost of Unresolved Dissonance
How are you managing dissonance?
- Seeing Through Transparency
Be ethical, appropriate, and consistent.
- Mocha on Marketing: The Variable Speed Tail
Get close to your customers.
- Change is a New Constant
Is your organization up for change?
- Getting In Our Own Way
Develop a trusting relationship with your marketing experts.
- Mocha on Marketing: The View Only Changes for the Lead Dog
How can you break away and lead the pack?
- Why Customers Just Don’t Get It
Maybe the fault is not with your customers.
- A Matter of Age
Don’t make assumptions based on age.
- Mocha on Marketing: Never Too Many Treats
Give your customers frequent treats.
- Why Brand Activism Wins
Support your key constituents.
- When to be Anti-Social
Match the medium with the audience.
- Mocha on Marketing: No Such Thing as Later
Tell me what you’ll do for me now.
- Unreasonable Expectations
Set appropriate expectations.
- Not Invented Here
Get an outside perspective.
- Mocha on Marketing: Shedding
Accept customers as they are.
- Mocha on Marketing: Creature of Habit
Brands are consistent representations of quality.
- Mocha on Marketing: I Love You Anyway
Learn to speak your customers’ language.
- Mocha on Marketing: Getting Skunked
Once you’ve been sprayed it can be pretty hard to remove the stink.
- Drought Tolerance
Peel away the artificial layers to reveal what’s underneath.
Be careful not to push customers in a direction they don’t want to go.
- The Right Presence
Make your written communication effective.
- A Three-Ring Circus
Where will your customers focus? Put that act in the center ring.
- What Are You Celebrating?
Outline your yearly goals and objectives.
- If I Ran the Zoo
Ask your customers what they would want you to do.
- The Power of Surprise
How can you pleasantly surprise your customers?
- Get in a Mobile State of Mind
Put yourself in your customers’ shoes.
- When in Doubt, Leave It Out
Ask whether your existing marketing activities have impact.
- The Uber of Everything
Don’t fall in the uber trap!
- Be Prepared
Be prepared for things we know may happen.
- Shooting Beyond the Arc
Is your team working to continuously develop and improve?
- Timing is Everything
Respond when the iron is hot!
- A Different Perspective
Look at your environment with a new perspective.
- Collecting Experiences
How are you working with your customers to collect unusual experiences?
- Entertain Me or Else
Keep your customers and prospects engaged.
- Owning the Customer
Offer great customer service.
- Managing Brand Business
How are you handling brand dissonance?
- Standing Out From the Crowd
Understand your customers.
- When Your Car and Your Fridge Talk Back to You
Use your customers’ data responsibly.
- Time to Up the Spend?
Three situations when you should increase your spend on marketing.
- The Theory of Evolution
Think about it: right program, right process, right time.
- The Right Marketers Matter
What qualities should you look for in a marketer?
- The Metrics That Really Matter
Focus on the metrics that relate to closing sales.
- Start at the Beginning
Invest in the core basics: strategy, market analysis and customer research.
- Setting Good Examples
Make your marketing campaign an example for others.
- Rent, Don’t Own
Hire a marketing consultant for short-term projects.
- Playing That Old Tune Again
Review your marketing campaigns on a regular basis.
- Moving the Mayo
Make sure to give your customers a roadmap of what you are changing.
- Know your Neighborhood
Know the neighborhood in which your business lives.
- Is Technology Your Friend?
Be wary of technology for technology’s sake.
- Fix What’s Broken First
Take the time to fix what’s broken first.
- Everything You Need to Know About Marketing You Can Learn From Your Dog
Stay in close contact with your customers.
- Changing the Fight
A smart competitor changes the rules.
- Changing the Conversation
It’s all about your customers.
- Bringing Bad News
Be calm, be factual, and propose a next step.
- Brand Activism
Take a stand on important issues.
- Being Heard
Listen and have your messages heard clearly.
- Be a Disrupter
How can you use disruption to your advantage?
- What I’m Hearing Above the Noise
Build solid marketing strategies.
- The Smoke of a Distant Fire
How do our messages impact others?
- A Family Affair
Don’t get stuck in the rut: “We’ve always done it that way.”
- Bringing Out the Melody
Make sure your message is heard.
- The Power of Harmony
Are the key players in your business harmonizing effectively?
Don’t be afraid to shake things up, but also find a resolution.
- What is Noise?
Compliment and amplify what is already out there.
- Marketing Mastery
What is marketing mastery?
- Big Insights From Big Data
How do we use all of this data effectively?
- Strange Bedfellows
Marketeers and IT people need to be well connected.
- Social Sharing Amplifies Your Reach
Use the right tools for each occasion.
- Employees Raise the Volume
Employees are an extension of your brand and image.
- Building Momentum
Know how to work within your organization.
- Dynamic Market Leverage Factor: Market Analysis
Know more about your market and your competition.
- Dynamic Market Leverage Factor: Communications
Reach across multiple channels with your campaign.
- Dynamic Market Leverage Factor: Operations
Make sure your marketing function has a strong infrastructure.
- Dynamic Market Leverage Factor: Sales
Partner with your sales teams.
- Dynamic Market Leverage Factor: Customers
Make customers a key part of your marketing strategy.
- Dynamic Market Leverage Factor: Brand
It takes time and effort to build and maintain a brand.
- Dynamic Market Leverage Factor: Products
Do you have an effective and scalable product strategy?
- Feedback Utilization Model
Do you effectively handle feedback?
- Where are Your Customers?
Know where your customers are in the purchase process.
- Dynamic Market Leverage Factor: Strategy
Look at strategy before implementation.
- The Power of the Group
Create a well functioning team to orchestrate success.
- A Seat at the Table
Marketeers need to communicate with senior corporate executives.
- This Little Piggy Goes to Market
The same basic marketing principles apply today.
- Organizational Noise
Clear your marketing channels internally.
- Marketplace Noise
Find the right way to get through the noise.
- It’s Complicated
It’s nice if things could just be made a little less complicated.
- Setting an Example
It’s important to set a good example.
- Forming New Habits
Take time for your team to develop good habits.
- Go Where the Fish Bite
Don’t stick with your favorite way if it no longer works.
- Pay Attention
Listen To Your Customers.
- Finding a New Filter
Take a fresh look at the situation.
- An Epidemic of Obliviousness
Take the time to engage with the world around you.
- Fail Quickly
Learn from the process and move on.
- Finding a Scapegoat
Look for the best way to solve the problem instead.
- Counting on Coincidence
Go out and make your own luck.
- Make New Mistakes
Be creative and try new things.
- Keep Your Eye on the Prize
Keep Your Eye on the Prize
- No Real Shortcuts
There is no genie to grant you 3 wishes.
- The View from the Top
Have your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- The Replay Review
How do you handle split decisions in your work environment?
- Don’t Treat the Symptoms
First, understand the cause or issue.
- Beware the Underdog
The underdog never rests on his laurels.
- There’s Always a Bigger Boat
Use what you have in front of you today.
- Fear of Success
Examine your fears in the clear light of day.
- If It Walks like a Duck
Start with what’s right in front of you.
- Fighting an Uphill Battle
Take a new approach.
Try something new and different every day.
- Spring Forward
Open yourself to new ideas.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose
Eliminate a no-win situation for customers.
- Weathering the Storm
Don’t get stranded in the next set of business storms. Prepare now.
- Getting Ahead of the Curve
Keep abreast of what is going on.
- Not All That Glitters is Gold
Don’t bet the store on the latest shiny object or technology.
- Objects in the Mirror May be Closer Than They Seem
Take action now, ahead of your competitors.
- The Goldilocks Effect
Learn what you need to change to make things just right.
- Take the High Road
It will get you to your destination more quickly.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Have regular communication with your customers.
- Does It Pay to Be Dead Right?
When is it dead wrong to be dead right?
- Sometimes You Can Judge a Book by Its Cover
Make sure your first impressions are good ones.
- Travelling First Class
Send out your marketing messages first class.
- Sometimes There is No Backstory
If something doesn’t feel right, ask.
- Build Infrastructure First
Take more time up front to handle marketing success.
- Keep a Safe Distance from Your Products
Get a fresh point of view on your product.
- Why Cutting Marketing is Like Cutting Your Own Throat
Don’t get cut out of your customers’ purchasing plans.
- Recycle, Repurpose, Reinforce
Consumers may need to see a message 7x before taking action.
- If We Only Had a Clean Slate
Interact and help your customers.
- The Problem with Mass Hysteria
One real qualified new customer is worth a lot!
- Do Good Products Sell Themselves?
Build the marketing campaign you need.
- If It Worked Before, It Should Work Again Now
Take the time to learn who your customers are today.
- We Know What Our Customers Need
or Does It?
Understand what your customers really need.
- Why Competitors are Good for Business
We really can’t live without them.
- A Great Product Makes All the Difference
or Does It?
Customers invest in solutions.
- Move Forward or Die
Change with the times.
- Why Not Everyone Should Eat Their Own Dog Food
Build products your customers want and need.
- You Can’t Have It All, At Once
Focus on where you’re going to see a good return.
- When the Low Hanging Fruit Has Been Picked Over
Sow the seeds for long-term growth now.
- Why Discipline Matters
Make discipline matter to grow your business.
- Time for a Tuneup
Give your business a quick marketing tuneup.
- What Goes Around, Comes Around
In today’s connected environment, everything is public.
- The More Things Change, The More They Stay the Same
Get the basics right and you will be on track.
- The Power of Saying No
Don’t be afraid to say no when it matters.
- The Harder You Sell, the Less They Buy
Customers want to come to their own conclusions.
- Seeing the Forest for the Trees
Take time to step back and look at the big picture.
- Killing the Sacred Cows
Change things up. Do things differently.
- Plant Your Garden
Plant your (marketing) seeds today.
- It’s the Experience, Period
Customers want to have a great experience.
- Just a Minor Mistake
You can often learn more from your minor mistakes than from your successes.
- Leave the Excess Baggage Behind
Drop the excess baggage.
- It’s Not About the Notes
It’s about the overall feel and mood.
- Drafting the Right Team
Get a team that works together effectively.
- Even the Experts Need an Expert
Enlist a coach to take your performance to the next level.
- Dirty Laundry Always Smells Bad
Treat your employees well.
- Don’t Just Stand There, Do Something
Get started! Do something.
- Be Jelly, Not Peanut Butter
Don’t spread yourself too thinly.
- Beware of the Alligators
Avoid potential dangerous situations with careful planning.
- Does Your Business Need a Physical?
Take the time to examine your business’s health.
- Ask the Right Questions
Ask the questions that will get to the heart of what you need to know.
- Don’t Make Me Hate You
Don’t commit brand suicide.
- There’s Never a Better Time Than Now
Don’t procrastinate; there is never a better time than now.
- A Complaint is a Gift
The customer who complains is still engaged with you; take the time to listen to the complaint.
- Showing Up is More than Just Showing Up
What counts are results.
- Beware of the $400 Calculator
It’s nice to be first but not when it costs big dollars for little rewards.
- Be Careful About Crying Wolf
Stop and think first.
- Your Top Salespeople Don’t Sell A Thing
They are the customer-facing people in your organization.
- Not All that Glitters is Gold
The real value is in results.
- Take the Shot
Don’t let opportunity pass you by: take the shot.
- Victimhood is Overrated
Don’t be the perpetual victim. Be the winner instead!
- If You Don’t Go You Don’t Have to Go Home
Don’t go to those unnecessary places to start with.
- The Eye Doctor’s Dilemma
It’s a great way to see alternatives in a clear and focused fashion.
- Dress the Part Online and Off
Make sure your marketing dresses you for success.
- The Sooner You Get Done You’ll Be Done
Next time there is an obstacle in your path to productivity, tackle it first.
- Listen to What You’re Told
Take the time to listen.
- The Shoemaker’s Children Have No Shoes
It’s hard to do your own stuff.
- Open the Lid
Are you using the right channels to get your message out?
- Drowning Out the Melody
Make sure your marketing harmonizes nicely with what you are selling.
- Mistakes are a Good Thing
Stop and analyze what is working and apply what you’ve learned.
- Just Because You Can Doesn’t Mean You Should
Reach the right audience with the right message in the way they want to be reached.
- If It Sounds Too Good to Be True
You get what you pay for.
- Be Prepared
Don’t let situations surprise you.
- Tell Me What You Don’t Know
It’s all about communicating.
- Fixing the Cracks
Don’t get stuck in the cracks.
- What on Earth Were They Thinking
Take control of the situation and do the right thing.
- Is It OK to Be Anti-Social?
Don’t try to be all things to all people. Be yourself.
- Don’t Discount the Gift Horse
Take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to you.
- Face the Facts on Facebook
With almost 1 Billion subscribers, is Facebook the panacea for your marketing needs?
- Context Counts
Make it easy for me to put you into context.
- Be Part of the Orchestra
Make sure your marketing efforts lead to great business performance.
- Diet and Exercise
There is no quick fix.
- Wait a Second…It Will Change
Your marketing needs to adapt to what is happening now.
- Build Your Core
Build your brand from the inside out.
- The Politician’s Mistake
It’s all about how what you offer adds value to your customers.
- The Wayne Gretsky Principle
Get out and take your shot with marketing.
- That’s Where the Money Is
Make sure your sales and marketing efforts are focused on the people who can buy your product or service.
- Throwing Good Money After Bad
It doesn’t pay to keep spending money on something that is no longer working. Stop and reevaluate.
- Nobody Goes There Anymore; It’s Too Crowded
Stand out in your market by being in the right place. Don’t get lost in the crowd.
- Penny Wise, Pound Foolish
Invest in a good, solid marketing program. Otherwise you make get just what you pay for.
- What You Measure is What You Get
Be careful when you choose goals and metrics. You may actually get what you are measuring.
- Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day
Build the foundation right, to create marketing campaigns that impress your customers.
- You Are What You Write
Make sure your written communication is clean, direct and to the point.
- It’s What Customers Don’t Tell You That Matters
Stop and listen to what your customers are not saying.
- You Ought to Be in Pictures
Add multimedia to your marketing mix. It makes more sense to show us than to describe something.
- The Best Kept Secret
Use marketing to promote yourself. Don’t be the best kept secret.
- It’s Not About You. It’s About Them.
What’s the difference between a feature and a benefit?
- Practice Makes Permanent
Fix “wrong” actions now, before they become engrained as habits.
- Go Slow to Go Fast
It’s only by starting slow that we really get to go fast in the future.
- Failing Quickly
Learn to fail quickly to leave more time for success.
- I Got Rhythm
Be consistent. Once you establish a pattern that your customers recognize, stick with it.
- Start At the Very Beginning
Think through the whole process…from the beginning. No shortcuts!
- A Marathon, Not a Sprint
Success in business is like a marathon – you have to go the distance!
- The View from the Other Side
Try looking at things from a different perspective
- Those Pesky Airline Customers
Get rid of your customers??? You need them!
- Climbing the Wrong Mountain
Get a good marketing strategy before you execute marketing programs.
- The Schizophrenic Marketer
Create one single integrated marketing strategy for all of your marketing needs.
- STRATEGIES vs TACTICS: The What vs The How
Identify the What before you work on the How.
- Tell a Good Story
Tell a good story about your product or service – “show me what success looks like.”
- The Platinum Rule
Do unto others as they prefer to have done to themselves. That is, offer your customers a choice.
- Why We Don’t Do Our Own Wiring
Use a professional to correctly focus your marketing campaigns.
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
Take care of your existing loyal customers.
- The GPS System
The more you know about where you are today, the easier it is to get to your goal.
- The Three Times You Need Marketing
Marketing is needed when you want to get ahead of the competition.
- If We Build It, They Will Come
Build a product that customers actually want.
- The Miranda Warning
Whatever you post online is public for the world to see.
- Keeping Up the Tempo
Develop an ongoing, appropriate marketing campaign.
- The Three Costs of Marketing
The costs of time, money and expertise in marketing.
- Waving the Arms
How to attract business through your marketing
- The Ski Lesson
Choose the clearest path to your goal.
- A Rose by Any Other Name
How well does your name fit you?
- What’s Old is New Again
Use old media methods in new marketing ways
- Don’t Ask Questions You Don’t Want Answered
Customer surveys: Listen to the input!
- Everyone’s An Expert….Except When They’re Not
Engage with a marketing professional.
- Just a Moment for Marketing: Introduction
Linda Popky introduces this new marketing series: short tips and anecdotes to help you transform your business through marketing.