Once you’ve created a great manuscript, how do you turn it into an attractive, compelling book?
That’s where we come in. Linda has experience editing, proofreading, and ghostwriting non-fiction books in a broad range of areas. Depending on your needs, she can help develop book content, edit existing content, or provide simple line editing and proofreading. Our team can also manage your book production project from start to finish—or for whatever services you require.
- Developmental Editing
- Line Editing
- Cover design
- Interior template design
- Layout and pre-production
- Printing and production
- Management of your entire book project
- Marketing and promotion of your completed book
For those who would like help writing the book, we offer ghostwriting services as well.
More information about our content creation and coaching services.
There are many levels of editing, depending on your need.
- Copy editing includes reviewing text and correcting spelling, grammar and punctuation. Proofreading is the copy editing process that takes place once the content has been locked down and all editorial changes finalized.
- Line editing includes creative feedback on your project. We look for consistency throughout your work in terms of tense and tone, and polish the manuscript.
- Developmental editing starts early in the process and is more comprehensive. We looks at the overall content, flow, and arrangement of the text and suggest ways to rewrite or reorder the manuscript. We identify gaps in content, or content that we believe is either not needed or in the right place.
We can project manage all aspects of your book project, including working with designers, the production team, indexer, and printers. We manage all pre-production tasks, including obtaining ISBN/bar codes for your book, setting up an Amazon Author account if you don’t already have one, and completing the tasks necessary to sell the book on Amazon or with Kindle Direct Publishing.
This is the process that transforms your manuscript into a well-designed book that is ready for printing or distribution. We work with experienced graphic design and production professionals to produce the cover design, interior page template and graphic tables or illustrations (if needed).
How Should I Publish My Book?
Today’s authors can choose to pursue commercial publishers to take on their books, or produce their own books through self-publishing and hybrid channels. For more information on each of these options, see our handout on Publishing Options.
Once you’ve written your manuscript, you’ll need to decide how you’d like it produced. Self-published and hybrid books can be distributed in multiple formats:
- Simple PDF eBooks
- Kindle/iBook Format
- Printed Softcover Books
- Printed Hardcover Books
See our handout Publishing Options for more details.
We do not price by the word, the page, or the hour, but by the project. We custom design each project to meet the needs of the author. Pricing is based on two factors: the length of the manuscript and the amount of work that will be required from us.
Book Marketing and Promotion
Once your book is ready for release, we can help design and implement a marketing and promotion program. Depending on your specific needs, this may include:
- An online press kit
- Promotional materials, tied to your cover design
- Social media strategy and campaign implementation
- Identification of target influencers to approach for coverage
- Book landing page
- Amazon or other online promotions
- Highlighting key messaging from the book for promotional use, as well as speaking and article topics
Let us help put your writing to work for you. Contact us for more information.
Amazon Bestseller – “I wanted to send you a note of deep gratitude for all of your incredible wisdom, humor and insight to help me with my first book. A Higher Bid was lifted immeasurably because of you. You are THE editor supreme!”
Benefit Auction Strategist, Consultant & Professional Auctioneer
Kingston Auction Company, LLC
Michael Travis, Principal
Travis & Company, Inc.
Author of Mastering the Art of Recruiting: How to Hire the Right Candidate for the Job
Leslie Austin, PhD